The following websites and blogs are useful to students thinking about careers in International Affairs.
Please contact Professor William Field if you have further inquiries or suggestions.
RESOURCE GUIDES TO CAREERS, NETWORKING, FUNDING (AND MORE) IN DEVELOPMENT, CONFLICT RESOLUTION, AND RELATED FIELDS
- UNA-USA YOUNG PROFESSIONALS is a program of the United Nations Association of the United States of America that seeks to engage young professionals in discussions of international affairs, emphasizing the importance of multilateral cooperation and the United Nations. While we appreciate supporters of all ages, members are typically between the ages of 21-40, and are a diverse group of individuals from the fields of business, law, government, nonprofit, the arts and philanthropy. UNA-USA Young Professionals provides an exciting opportunity to interact with like-minded individuals and gives young professionals from all walks of life a unique forum in which to learn more about current international issues, the United Nations, and the work of UNA-USA.
UNA-USA Young Professionals of the Southern New York State Division develops international affairs-oriented educational and advocacy programs that will help New York City's many young professionals further their knowledge of pressing international issues, dedicate themselves to making a change in the world, and take a step towards becoming future global leaders.
For more information, visit Membership Directory.
- TOP TEN SUGGESTIONS FOR FINDING INTERNSHIPS IN PEACE AND CONFLICT RESOLUTIONS - Conflict Resolution Link
- KEY POLICY INSTITUTIONS AND THINK TANKS IN PEACEBUILDING AND RELATED FIELDS - PCD Network Link
- AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT SUMMER PAID INTERNSHIPS, U.S. CITIZENS ONLY - Student Internships Link
- PEACE AND SECURITY FELLOWSHIPS IN WASHINGTON - Scoville Link
- GUIDE TO M.A. PROGRAMS IN PEACE AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION - Peace and conflict Guide
- TOP SITES FOR FINDING ACADEMIC JOBS IN PEACE AND CONFLICT RESEARCH - Conflict Resolution research
- U.N. JOBS—4 PART
- A. HOW TO GO ABOUT HUNTING A JOB IN THE U.N. - Job Hunting Research
- CONTRACT TYPES AND LEVELS - Jobs in the System Link
- FINDING THAT JOB YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR - https://www.tbd.community/en/a/un-job-guide
- FAQ ON JOB HUNTING STRATEGIES - Job Hunting Strategies
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE INTERNSHIPS - Internships link
- ISRAELI GOVERNMENT FELLOW - Israel Government Link
- MERIDIAN INSTITUTE FELLOWSHIP - Employment Link
- STARTING A CAREER BUILDING PEACE (ADVICE FOR COLLEGE CAREER COUNSELORS, FACULTY, AND STUDENTS) - Starting a Career Building Peace Advice
- “TOP TEN” INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS MASTERS PROGRAMS:Top Ten International Relations Masters Programs
- GRADUATE SPECIALIZING IN INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS: - Specialization international relations Link
- INTERNATIONAL PEACE AND CONFLICT NETWORK - International Peace and Conflict