Fall 2018 Office Hours: Wednesdays 10:30-11:30 a.m., Eagleton 3rd Fl. (Wood Lawn)
- "Representation Matters: Women in the U.S. Congress." 2017. CAWP report (coauthored)
- "Gender and Electoral Politics in the United States.” 2015. Oxford Bibliographies in Political Science. (with Kelly Dittmar)
- “Why Not a Woman of Color? The Candidacies of U.S. Women of Color for Statewide Executive Office.” 2015. In Oxford Handbooks Online, ed. Desmond King. New York: Oxford University Press.
- "Electing Women of Color: The Role of Campaign Trainings" 2015, Journal of Women, Politics & Policy
- More Women Can Run: Gender and Pathways to the State Legislatures, with Susan J. Carroll, 2013, Oxford University Press.
- "Poised to Run: Women's Pathways to the State Legislatures" with Susan J. Carroll and Debbie Walsh, 2009, Center for American Women and Politics.
- “Do Gender Stereotypes Transcend Party? ” with Kathleen Dolan. 2009, Political Research Quarterly
- Where Women Run: Gender and Party in the American States (University of Michigan Press, 2006)
- Democrats, Republicans, and the Politics of Women's Place (University of Michigan Press, 2002)
American politics, Gender, Race/Ethnicity, Parties, Elections, Public Opinion, and State Politics